Sunday, October 16, 2011

Apple Pie!

So yesterday I made my first ever all from scratch apple pie! I went next door and picked the apples, found a recipe online, and made it. I usually don't love the homemade version of apple pie (The store bought version is my favorite pie), but I think that my pie turned out really great and I am pretty proud of it.

(This shirt was one of my lost and found purchases- Price $1)

This new tablecloth was also a lost and found purchase (Price $1.25) I'm pretty happy with it. I think it might be the exact same one my mom has and always uses. I had to fold it in fourths to fit on our table.
You might have noticed on the table my beautiful flower arrangement? This one is by far my favorite one that I have done so far by far! It is a cube design and I think it is absolutely beautiful!




Since I am the last lab of the week we also get to take home extra flowers. I was able to get enough flowers to make 3 more bouquets. So I gave two away and kept one for us. So FUN! (Eric if you read this, please remember how much I love flowers for future years when Im not bringing so many home)
We also went to see Thriller. The oddesy dance company does a dance all around Utah with halloween themed dances. It was really fun and neat to see. The picture is a little fuzzy, but oh well.


Im also trying to learn the wheel in ceramics and boy is that frustrating. I had no clue how hard it would be! But hopefully all this time I spend throwing will make me good at it and I can get some good ceramic pieces out of it!

5 comments:

  1. What did the pie taste like? That's the important thing! It sure looks delicious.
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that does look yum!

    Flowers look Beautiful.

    Sister Whittle gave me a rose off her bush yesterday. Smells so nice. Made me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to go make a pie now. That sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That arrangement is seriously amazing. I love your lost and found finds. =) We're going to Thriller this Saturday. We should have coordinated better. Tell Eric congrats on the Wolverine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dad, the pie tasted really good. I was really proud of it. And the important thing was that Eric really liked it too!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think!