Tuesday, December 23, 2014

A Baby Blessing and Santa

On Sunday, Eric gave Teddy a baby blessing a church. It was a nice blessing and mainly blessed him to learn to be a good example, follow the spirit, the prophet, and serve others. We had lots of family and some friends come, but they all scattered (I think it would have been impossible to convince them all to take a picture anyways, plus it was rainy and cold outside). The people who came were: Mike, Kathy, Hayden, Indee, Feliz, Gavin, Cara, Cambria, Quincy, Brandon, Marci, Rocky, Daisy, Rosy, Caleb, Becky, Carson, Kallie Rigby, Caleb West, Liz Hembree, Isaac, Erika, and Maisy Painter.

After church we had family dinner at Caleb and Becky's place and had a nice time. With all of the rushing around, I quickly took off his blessing outfit so that it wouldn't get ruined. So today I took some pictures of him in it. He filled it out much better than Oliver did, and in fact I had a hard time buttoning the vest. While I took these pictures, Oliver was having the time of his life in the bathtub, so I took a picture to prove it. You can't tell from the picture though. When I was changing his clothes, I realized that I just HAVE to document this kid's chub. His little fat arms and belly are just so squeezable. I love it.












Tonight we went to go see Santa at Ogden Christmas Village. Oliver was very excited, and we went over what he was going to tell Santa. He sat on his lap and told him that he wanted a fire engine and a digger tractor. But I forgot to tell Oliver that Santa doesn't actually give him a present right then. As we left, Oliver got very upset, asking to see the digger tractor and fire engine. Poor kid was pretty disappointed.  And yesterday we hit up Station Park in Farmington (an outdoor mall). We thought of getting pictures with Santa there, but you had to pay $12, so instead we just played on the playground and watched the water show several times.

Also, I keep forgetting to mention it, but Eric got a job offer last week from Deseret News which he has accepted and will officially start on the first Monday in January! Yay for his first real job!







1 comment:

We love to hear what you think!