Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Hunchbacked Halloween


Halloween is a kid's holiday. Our bodies may no longer suggest that we are children, but in our hearts we are just as immature as we were all those years ago.
On Oct. 30 we went to a party with Debbie's/Esmerelda's co-workers at a home in Lehi. Everyone was assigned to a specific theme for the costumes and ours was Disney. Our first choice was naturally Ed the hyena from "Lion King" and Flit the hummingbird from "Pocahontas" but the costumes were too hard to come by. We settled for Quasimodo and Esmerelda and won a single vote for "Best Costume". I suppose had their been a category for "Best Hunchback and Female Dancer" we would have won that as well.
On Halloween I wore my costume to work and people commented on it all day. I gave an older woman a good scare when she asked: "How did you make the hump?" and I looked at her with wide eyes and said, "I was born with it. Thanks for asking." She looked pretty terrified.
We went trick-or-treating with my brothers Gavin and Hayden on Halloween night in Layton and were rewarded handsomely for being some of the last trick-or-treaters of the night: everyone was ready to call it a night and so they gave us as much candy as we wanted. Lovely.

4 comments:

  1. What great costumes. They really look great. I hope you told that lady that you were only joking. Poor thing. Congratulations on winning the prize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't scare the elderly Eric! Unless of course it's GP with her bitter beer face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you did that to that poor old woman. I can just imagin the look on her face!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think!