Tuesday, June 22, 2010

DQ

Graduations wouldn't be nearly as boring if you knew you were going to get such phenomenal gifts afterward like two gift cards from Brandon and Marci to DQ (Something Different). We finally put one of the cards to good use tonight and got a pair of dipped cones. Debbie regrets getting the small butterscotch cone whereas I happily got the medium chocolate. But let's have the pictures do the talking shall we?









The best part of the DQ experience was that we went through the drive-in and I gave the girl at the window four cents along with the gift card so that she could leave .75 on the card. She was already talking on her headset with another customer so she didn't hear me say that and when she gave us the ice cream and the card back, she also gave me the pennies back and apologized for not knowing why I had given it to her. I explained what I had wanted and she apologized again, clearly feeling very sheepish. She immediately asked if we wanted a free cone. I wonder if that happens a lot there? Alas, we did not take the free cone. It would have melted everywhere, just like the two that we barely finished.

2 comments:

  1. The dilly bars of yester-year used to be the size of our faces, and now they're so small. Maybe it's just us that got bigger?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can have this much fun blogging about free DQ cones, I can't wait until you have kids!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think!