Monday, October 1, 2012

Farewell Uncle Gene

After the funeral, we all went to Soda Springs for the gravesite service. It was very nice. I took lots of pictures so that everyone who wasn't there could feel like they were there. It started with the pallbearers carrying the casket over.


 And then I had to get a classic dad picture.

Then we sang love at home.

Then they let anyone who wanted to stand up and tell any favorite memories that they had of Uncle Gene. Dad told about how Uncle Gene introduced him to Mexican food and made it so that he could never eat just steak and potatoes again.

I honestly cannot remember what Carrie said. But I think it had something to do with how nice of a person he was.





Since we were there I thought it would be a good idea to remember our grandparents as well. Grandma Buckley and Grandpa Thompson.
This is the Sheep herders wagon (I think that's what everyone was saying. I really could never quite understand what the actual name of the wagon was). But I guess Uncle Gene got to live in one for a while when he was younger.
Then the brothers wanted a picture with their oldest daughters.
And here were all of the Thompsons and Gwen together that were able to make it.


All of the Kunz family together.
And of course Gene had to have a big old Y on the car that carried him since he loves BYU so much.
Belly shot. 39 weeks pregnant. I got nonstop questioning of whether or not I was in labor. I stayed close to Sunni so that people would feel more reassured that if anything did happen, a doctor was close by.
Gwen and her two kids, Kris and Randy.
Then, they felt bad that they wanted a picture with the oldest daughter and i was left out, so they had one taken with the youngest daughter too. Caprene just happens to be both.

You can see the glowing slag in the distance.
Then on to Hooper Springs. Dad kept splashing Chris. But not on purpose.

Then the three boys all together. I would click through these rapidly to get the full effect of the laugher and splashing around.  We had a nice dinner all together provided I think by the Lallatins of Soda Springs. Amazing potato salad and ham and rolls and huckleberry dutch oven dessert. I definitely ate too much this weekend. I just couldn't pass up all the food that I wasn't having to make myself.





Oh, and then this tells us what is actually in the water. It tasted less carbonated than I rememebered. And a lot more metally. But it was still fun. The weather was really beautiful.
We then Headed to the cabin at Bear Lake. We were all very tired, but in the morning I got a few pictures. There was a huge owl in the tree.

View of the parking.
View of the cabin.
The Shed.
Jonathan cooking some AMAZING french toast and bacon for breakfast. Of course using Great Harvest Bread.


The kitchen.


The living room.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting all the pictures. Makes me feel like I was there a little bit. Good to see family all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jebs. Very sweet of you to post pics and give synopsis of the events.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think!