Saturday, July 6, 2013

Stadium of Fire


Not many people know this, but I love Kelly Clarkson. About a year ago Eric asked me who my favorite singer was and I didn't know what to say. He decided for me that it was Kelly (his is Rhianna). After he said it though I knew he was right. I remember watching Kelly when she won American Idol 11 years ago and being awed at how amazing her voice was. I love Kelly because she has true vocal talent.

Stadium of Fire occurs every year at the BYU stadium. I have never really had a desire to go. The last few years were
2012- The Beach Boys, Scott McCreery,
2011-Brad Paisley, David Archuleta,
2010- Carrie Underwood, The 5 Browns, Jenny Oaks Baker,
2009-Jonas Brothers, SHeDAISY, Glenn Beck

When each of these people came, I never had a desire to see them. I haven't been to many concerts in my life and generally enjoy hearing the radio version. But this summer I realized that we will very soon be leaving Provo and Provo has quite a few fun activities and events to attend. I made a goal that we would attend some of them before the end of the summer. When I heard that Kelly Clarkson was coming, I knew that this was one of those events that we needed to attend. 

I found a great deal on tickets from the Daily Herald, we got a babysitter (Natalie Chambers and Ben Chambers, you are the BEST!), and we headed over there.

An 11 year old girl sang the national anthem and was incredible. How is it possible that a little girl can have such an amazing voice?

There were little girl dancers too that had giant slinkies to dance with.


Cirque du Solei was pretty awesome. They ended with this awesome 4 person high standing on each other's shoulders that was pretty insane.

The other performers included Carly Rae Jepsen. When she performed it was obvious that she is not famous for her vocal talent. She was cute though and it was fun to sing "Call Me Maybe" with her and everyone else in the stadium.






Then finally it was Kelly's turn. She was incredible. I almost thought she sounded better live than on the radio. She seems like a sweet person too. She has so many famous songs that there were only 2 songs that she sang that we didn't know and she sang at least 10.




Thanks Kelly for the visit and for helping us attend Stadium of Fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think!