Friday, February 12, 2016

What? I finally finished the bedroom? (Final bedroom pics)

Yep, you read that right. What started out as the first house project turned into almost the last house project. Chrissy and Kim worked hard to makeover our master bedroom. But the only thing that wasn't completed was the painting of the walls. The thing was, I'm pretty sure that room hadn't been painted for at least 20 years. The walls had dings and scuffs all over the place (which you definitely cannot tell from the pictures). Someone had filled a bunch of holes but never sanded the walls, so they were quite ugly and bumpy. Also, I started deep washing the ceiling and it was so dirty and dark compared to the original color. And when I finish a room, I know it is spotless. Because painting the baseboards means deep cleaning. Which has to be deep because the previous owners had a dog. Yuck! Dog hairs everywhere, and in between the wall and carpet, on the walls, even after so much vacuuming and cleaning. But it is now gone (well at least I hope so!). The room feels so fresh after I finish with it.

So Eric chose our color. It is called "Almond Whip". It was supposed to be peach, but it looks a little more orangy to me. But with the fresh white trim, doors, and ceiling, it looks nice and "peachy" to me.

It is like a true little oasis now. I stare up at the ceiling and see beautiful white evenly colored paints. And the walls are smooth to the touch and all one color. Beautiful!
 
Before:


 After but Before Paint:


After Paint: (It turns out I am not nearly as good at making the bed as Kim and Chrissy, which I didn't realize until I saw their after pics. But if you were to walk in our room right now, you'd think the bed looked pretty all bumpy. Because it is the best room in the house!)












1 comment:

  1. Wow, the painted walls and trim, doors, ceiling look fabulous! Very well done, grasshopper. As for the bed, it is just that the duvet was brand spanking new and starched for us. Im assuming you don't starch iron your duvet regularly. No need. It looks graet!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think!