Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Chicken coop

Our new Chickens will lay mini eggs. But or other ones will lay large to jumbo sized. The big ones should start laying in the next 4-8 Wells. The ones we just got are already 7-9 weeks old, so they've got another 10-12 weeks before laying. We will get all brown eggs, except the Polish bantam will lay white eggs. I'm kicking myself for going with the silver laced beauty instead of the americauna which would lay blue or green eggs. But they didn't have older ones in the store and we didn't want to start out in the garage again. That was too messy. Some day.

Here are some pics of my coop that I built. The older chicks all roost on the same bar, all stuffed together. I wonder if one day they will get too big and will have to spread out some. The kids like to go in it, but the chickens poop a lot so I try to discourage that now that they go in there.
























2 comments:

  1. Wow Debbie! That looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coop looks great! And I love the snap of the chooks eating. Very artsy!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think!