Tuesday, May 30, 2017

New chickens

We were at the farm store and Oliver begged and begged for one more chicken. I said no and that will would say no too. So I texted Eric so that Oliver could hear from him too that it was a no. I even told Eric PS I'm expecting you to say no. Well, Eric texted back , Sure, I'm ok with more. 

Well, instead of me being smart and sticking with what I said, I told Oliver that he said yes. We then went to a different farm store that has a bigger selection and choose out not one, but three more chickens. One is a silver Wyandotte and a normal sized chicken. But the white one and black ones are banties, or miniature chickens. And the white one is a Frizzle, so an extra fluffy chicken. We named the white one snowball. This one acts like a little puppy and is so friendly and sweet. The black one with a fluffy white head we named eagle because she looks like a bald eagle. It is a white crested black polish. She will be small. She likes to perch on arms and fingers. 

The others haven't totally accepted them yet, but they don't really pick on them either. And they all sleep in the coop together. The older ones like to run around in a group in the yard and the younger ones hang out in the coop or chicken pen.













1 comment:

  1. I like the poofy fluffed chook. And your multi colored children.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think!