Thursday, February 3, 2011

plants

This post is for Ligia and Gio. They asked me why we don't post more, well it's plain and simple I said. Because I have nothing to post about! Well, they told me they just wanted to hear about anything! So the way that I spend a lot of my time currently is memorizing plants. I have memorized 63 so far this semester. Yesterday I got 22 more.I will memorize a total of 250 this semester. I have to memorize the Tribe, Genus, species and common name and every test is comprehensive. Its kind of intense. So where I used to have quite a bit of "do whatever I want time", that has now turned into study plants time. I still work at the temple Wednesday nights and it is really great. Other than that... Gio made me really good tacos today for lunch? Yes she did. Here is a picture of some plants for you. Anyone have any guesses on what these plant names are?







I chose easy ones for you. Any guesses?

5 comments:

  1. Of course I know what those are:
    1. palmetto tree
    2. aloe vera plant
    3. thyme
    4. cactus
    5. caper plant
    6. weed
    7. venus flytrap
    I'm right, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO got this!
    1. Bart Simpson Head Plant
    2. Kazoo Plant
    3. uhhh... guess I'm not so good at this after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I don't know
    2. Aloe
    3. No idea
    4. Cactus of some kind.
    5. Sage brush?
    6. some kind of flowering weed?
    7. One of those annoying sticker plants. You know the ones that stick on to you with their thorns and hurt when you try to take them off.

    How'd I do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I really don't know. The only one I think I got was Aloe. I actually expressed to Alex not too long ago my desire to learn more about foraging. Is that spelled right? There are so many greens I had no idea were edible and highly nutritious, some more so than our everyday common vegetables that have been severely tampered with. A lot of them are weeds like Dandelions and lambsquarters. Do you know much about how to recognize purslane and other such edible weeds? I should have you teach me some stuff about plants. You should come over and help me with my garden this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok Ok, I guess Ill tell you what they are now. Ill just tell you the common names though because the rest probably wont mean that much to you.
    1. joshua tree
    2. utah century plant
    3. green sprangletop
    4. cholla (yes a type of cactus)
    5. bitterweed
    6. desert marigold
    7. triangle bursage

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think!