Sunday, June 12, 2011

MARATHON! UTAH VALLEY! FINISHED!

3 am prepping for the marathon.
Cara and Quincy waiting for me at mile 21 1/2 with Eric. Cara came with Cambria and Quincy. Kathy, Feliz and Indee came also. Thank you so much! It made running easier (slightly) to know that I had support! Eric was there too of course and Elizabeth (my good friend) also showed.
Also thanks everyone who made a motivational track for me. I loved them all!

Here is Cambria.
At this point I might have been smiling but I was in pain.
You can see my head just over this guy in the front here with the hat.
Cambria helped me find the creamies and snacks that they give at the end of the race.
Feliz made this cool shirt for me and had everyone's name on it. It made me happy! Oh and Im showing off my cool metal I got here. It now rests next to Eric's plaque that he got from his marathon. Of course his says 3rd place male for age group 20-24.
Left foot blister.
Elizabeth was a great help. She rode her bike along next to me for the last two miles which helped me to keep going. She was originally flexing in this picture and it looks like I tried to flex too, but she stopped and so I just look like a silly little girl.
These are the two toes that hurt the most. And the right foot blister. The blisters hurt yesterday, but I popped them and so they feel much better now.


Also, I didn't really get that great of time. I did it in 5:35 minutes and got 1,519th place... but I beat 116 other people! Not too bad! I was just happy to have finished and now that its over I believe it was my first and my last.

I felt great for the first 15 miles but the last 11 were killer. So next time I run a long race it will just be a half marathon.

4 comments:

  1. You are awesome! You should come run the 1/2 with us in July (if the blisters are healed by then.)
    Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowie, crazy girl. Join Wendy and try a triathlon next time. You get to cool off in the water and sit on a bike.

    We just walked 2 miles to visit one of our investigators and feel like it was a marathon!
    @: és "@@"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some mean blisters. Wow Debbie, looks brutal. But you made it!!!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think!