Saturday, June 4, 2011

Buildup

So first things first for an update on Debbie's marathon training. Something exciting happened and she got an interview with ESPN. Sadly they decided not to air it, but we had least were able to write down everything that was said.

ESPN: So are you ready for the big race?

Debbie: Well, sort of. I guess I'm really as ready as I'll ever be. I mean, I was probably more ready a month ago.

ESPN:What do you mean you were more ready a month ago?

Debbie: Well, I think as time goes on I get less and less motivation to get ready for it because it is a lot of work, and so luckily the race isn't at the end of the summer!

ESPN: So do you think you can do it?

Debbie: Absolutely!

ESPN: Do you have any tactics that will help you to get through the race?

Debbie: Yeah. From the email I got from the race people and the course map it looks like people aren't allowed to cheer while I am running in the canyon. That's about 2/3 of the race. So I'm having people make motivational cheering tracks for me to listen to on my ipod randomly while I run. I think that will help me to want to keep going.

ESPN: Can anyone make these tracks?

Debbie: Yeah, Just tell them to send it to my email! Anyone cheering me on is great!

ESPN: Anything else?

Debbie: Yeah, the whole course is downhill. It goes from an elevation of 6,000 feet to 4,000 feet. I'm really good at running downhill. That is definitely my strong point, so I think that will be a big help in allowing me to run to the best of my abilities. And I just want to give a shout-out to all my friends and family, especially my husband Eric for supporting me this whole time during training.

ESPN: Thank you Debbie! Good luck to you and if you would like to cheer Debbie on and you are in the area, the race is this next Saturday and you can cheer off of University Ave. And if you aren't in the area you can send her a motivational track to put on her ipod and hear while she is running. Thank you.
-----------------------


Pretty cool! So Im adding the other blog to this, so it will be long, but that way no one misses this extra stuff.

So we had a little scare the other day.

As you can tell from this picture, this is Eric's new bike. The other day (tuesday to be exact) we went on a bike ride to Utah lake. I was trying to show Eric the free entrance to the lake but I couldn't find the road off of Geneva road (turns out they took out the road. No wonder!). So we decided to head back. It's all uphill on the way back and since now Eric has the fast bike he was way ahead of me and good thing. We were in Lindon and Eric has already gone past the intersection. I was about 50 feet away from it when these two girls weren't paying attention ran their red light and slammed into a truck going through his green light. Luckily no one was hurt and the cars weren't badly damaged. But what if I had been closer and been right in the middle of the intersection? Yeah, I would have been smashed! Or the two pedestrians who were right next to me. We even had the white walking man! There were about 10 of us who saw it who were right there in the intersection.

A couple weeks ago I decided we should start wearing bike helmets as much as it pained me. We do now, but luckily we haven't had to experience their main use.

We also had a few visitor drop by. Robbie, Tiffany and Daxton. It was fun to finally meet baby Daxton (they live in Vegas and were able to adopt Daxton just a few months ago)



Also, I finally caved into getting Eric a real candy jar. And I finally laminated our souveneirs from Romania.



And we went on a hike down Adams Canyon with Hayden and Indee a few weeks ago.


And saw some baby horses on our way to the trail. Sadly though, they were napping on the way back when we got out the camera.

3 comments:

  1. I love the Adam's canyon hike. When I took Tiffany, she was getting over being sick. I guess she wasn't as well as we thought she was, because she was pretty miserable after a while. It'd be fun to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your marathon Debbie. I'm sure you'll do just fine. How did you manage to get into a race that is all down hill? You are lucky. Also, I'm glad you are safe after witnessing that car wreck. It really helps you see just how fragile life really is. I'm glad your safe. To Adam.... I just want you to know that when a woman is pregnant, their bodies are nothing like when they are not pregnant. I remember for me, it took much longer for me to heal after big stretches of exercise, or even things that would seem simple to me, like rearranging furniture, or something like that, always took its toll. Make sure she doesn't over exert herself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie, what is the "To Adam" section of your comment referring to?

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think!