Friday, January 18, 2013

Coconut Milk Curry

Well, I was looking through my pantry for something to make and I found a can of coconut milk. I hadn't make curry in a long time, so I thought I'd make some coconut milk curry. Lately I have wanted to pin something that I did on Pinterest (just to see if it would get re-pinned), so I decided that this was the perfect opportunity. I took pictures along the way. It wasn't my most beautiful meal but as far as the curry goes, it was very easy to make and turned out pretty good. I've never put tomatoes in my curry before, but I actually liked it. It was a pleasant change to my normal curry. I served it over rice and we had a nice dinner with lots of leftovers for lunch tomorrow.


Coconut Milk Curry
Yields: 4 servings
Time: about 30 minutes

  • 2 Tbsp oil
  • 1 onion diced in large but thin pieces
  • 2 boneless chicken breasts sliced thin
  • Vegetables as desired (I used frozen green peppers and 3 potatoes which increases the cooking time by about another 20 minutes)
  • 1 can coconut milk
  • 2 Tbsp curry powder
  • 2 cloves garlic or 1 heaping Tbsp garlic, minced
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1 Tbsp soy sauce
  • Rice
  • optional-peanuts to garnish and give a little crunch when serving
 Heat the oil over medium. Add the onion and cook until browned, about 10 minutes. Add the chicken and vegetables, and brown, stirring frequently. Add the curry  powder and garlic, and stir-fry 1 minute. Pour in the coconut milk and bring to a bubble. Add the tomatoes and soy sauce. Stir, cover and reduce the heat. Simmer 10 minutes. Garnish as desired.


The finished product. Tasted great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think!