Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Putting up a fence

Well these last few days have been a lot of work. My first week here in Florida we finished putting in the fence posts for the last side of the fence. It really wasn't so bad. This Monday we started the last part of the fence, putting up the wire. I've never actually put up a fence and in my mind I thought it really wouldn't be too bad. Well I was wrong. Here is the main thing you need to know if you are going to put up a fence:
Putting up a fence is HARD.
I thought, "oh, it'll take us maybe 4-5 hours to put up the wire". Well, we started at 8 am on Monday and worked on it til 9 pm. Tuesday we came back at 8 and worked til 11:30 am. There are so many parts to putting it up properly that just take time and tools and make your muscles ache. But we finished and it is up and beautiful. Tomorrow we plan to go pick up the horses to move them over. My mom's lifelong dream of owning land and having her horses on it is finally coming true. Here is the finished product of the fence.












This week I have also been sad that Eric is not with us because I feel like Oliver is changing rapidly. This week he started sitting up on his own, doing a lot of mimicking (especially with his tongue), and talking a lot. He is eating really well now and wants to eat everything. He also is loving to fall asleep on his side and belly. No more putting him on the bed. He is becoming so mobile. When I put him on the floor after a few minutes he is ten feet away from his starting point.


Today we found a cuban restaurant and it was good.

Yesterday after finishing the horse fence we went out on Troy's boat. It was really nice. One really cool part was that when we were on our way back to our start point we were going with the wind and the same speed as the wind so it was still on the boat. No more hair blowing, just still air. I've never experienced something like that, to be moving at 15-20 mph and have no wind. It was really neat.



My dad's blog has the picture that my dad took of Oliver taking this picture.

It was a great day for seeing gators.







This is not really a flattering picture of me at all, but it shows my new farmers tan and Oliver's rosy cheeks. They look extra rosy next to his white belly.

Tonight we went out on the beach around low tide, but it wasn't that low. And it was windy and pretty cold, so we wrapped Oliver in a blanket and hung out for a little bit. It is really nice only having the beach a block away.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think!