Friday, February 22, 2013

It is Finally Happening!

So these last two weeks have been crazy! Well I've been working like crazy that is. A shout out to Gwen Wells-longshore for being my lifesaver and babysitting for me almost every day these last two weeks. I've never met someone as sweet as you! (Gwen was a missionary in my singles ward in Gainesville right before I left on my mission. She wrote me several times on my mission and is now Oliver's best friend. She can sure make that kid laugh and smile!) Also, thanks Kathy for coming down last Friday as well.

So this is what is has been like around here. Me working at every break I can to write and research. Wow. It is HARD to do it with a baby. That is why I am SO grateful to Gwen.

This kid spends a lot of time on his little mat thing.
And he loves to pretend he is a seal.
 He got a new shirt that is super cute on him.
 And somewhere mixed in with our busy lives, I've made it a new hobby to go to quilting group. I just finished the top. It is all made from scraps so it was all free! I only had to buy the back and the batting which I got all on sale, so my quilt will end up totaling only about $20.
Then there is Gavin. Gavin, Gavin. We were worried he wouldn't make it out of the MTC to his mission in Pittsburg, PA. So Sunday we thought we would take a walk around the Provo temple so that Oliver could see the temple and maybe just "happen" to see Gavin. Well, it was icy cold and we only saw about 6 missionaries total around the temple. But we got some pictures of us freezing.  The good news is that Gavin left the MTC and it wasn't to go home. And we got to talk to him on the phone while he was at the airport. He said he was at the temple the hour before us and seemed much more excited about his mission than he did in the MTC. Go Gavin! You can do it! Stick it out!

What a sight to see!

 Then there was the other day when I walked into the bedroom and found lil' son playing in the clean laundry. That made me giggle.
 And hopefully you don't mind a naked baby. During the week I always give Oliver his bath since Eric is still at school. But on the weekends Eric takes over and I really think Oliver likes the change. Watch how this kid moves around the tub!
And then of course there is this picture. Look how far his neck is turned during this nap. That just looks uncomfortable. Also notice his socks. They are always falling off and even when they aren't they are like little ankle socks, so we buckled down and bought him new ones. No more newborn socks for him.
 Look at his cute hair. Not much of it, but I love when it sticks straight up.
 Now on to crocheting. Remember when I put together this little skirt? Well, I know Oliver is a boy, but I had to see if it actually would fit a baby and I think it looks pretty cute. Even with all the pumpkins. And now for the great news. When we moved a huge amount of things mysteriously disappeared. The most devastating of all was our hard drive with all of our pictures from the last three years. Well, when I went to look at my yarn what was in the bag? The hard drive! YAY! So what did I do to celebrate?
Crocheted some slippers for Oliver.

 And do you think they stay on his feet any better than socks? Nope. Worse in fact. He can get these puppies off in 2 seconds flat.
 And then somehow he gets them underneath himself in another two second. Those legs move nonstop!
Oh, and here are some of those new socks that actually stay on his feet.

 
Well I think that is it for an update. This afternoon I am going back up to campus to get my last signature and to turn in my Thesis. I'll still be making changes and working on it more but in two weeks (Friday, March 8, 2013 at 2 pm) I'll be defending. Good luck to me!
PS. I am so excited to be done and I'm hoping that my mom is still wanting to get me a graduation present of a sewing machine??? ;)

 

Here is me. Raggedy Anne. I'm going to cut my hair and donate it. Then in the future sometime I will do a special surprise with my hair. But I won't be giving any details about that. You'll have to wait and see.
 

5 comments:

  1. that's great Debbie! What an accomplishment. I think that's fabulous. Yay master Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is awesome! You must have been one busy mama the last couple of months to do all those projects as well as your writing. I'm excited to see what you do with your sewing machine.
    Good job with it all! You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I forgot to say that my girls have watched the video of Oliver in the tub about 50 times. They giggled their heads off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations on finishing the thesis!
    @: and "@@"

    ReplyDelete
  5. He swims backwards! What a feat! Congrats on the termination of your academic thesis. Now on to the PhD!!! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think!