Sunday, May 15, 2016

Quincinera

Our neighbor, Lariza, turned 15 yesterday and they invited us to her quincinera. I've never been to one before and so I didn't know what to expect.  They had a little ceremony where a pastor came and preached a sermon to her with words of wisdom.  Her parents gave her some gifts (a pink bible,  a pink pillow to kneel on, and a fancy ring to symbolize never ending love with God). They then fed is amazing Mexican food of grilled thin steak,  Mexican rice, refried beans,  corn tortillas,  green salsa,  and pico de gallo. All homemade and so delicious. I don't think I have ever seen so much food.  They also had a bouncy house for the kids and olive was in love.  He has always been afraid of them,  but I guess he is really growing up, because we could barely get him off of it.

It was also fun because in the morning I got to go to the Bountiful temple to Claire's endowment (Gavin, Eric's younger brother's fiance). Then right after,  Taylee, our neighbor,  had her third birthday party.  Then after the quincinera,  Eric went to a wedding reception with Oliver, and Teddy and I went to a nickel auction. It was a crazy busy,  but fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think!